The weather forecast for sea is:
- Established in accordance with Rule 4 of Chapter V of the "International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea," London, 1974;
- Prepared and issued by national meteorological services in accordance with appropriate standards of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO / WMO)
- Broadcast at fixed hours according to the procedures of the "Radio Regulations" regarding the "maritime mobile service."
In Italy the assistance to maritime navigation is organized in accordance with agreements between the following entities:
- Ministry of Defense (Air Force and Navy
- Ministry MERCHANT MARINE;
- Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications.
In accordance with international standards, the weather service of the Air Force (UGM) has scheduled the preparation of the marine weather report daily on the Mediterranean Basin.
That Bulletin is written by the "National Center of Meteorology and Climatology AERONAUTICS (CNMCA)" of the Air Force Meteorological Service.
Meteorological information contained in the Bulletin are divided into four parts:
PART ONE: NOTICES (storms in progress, thunderstorms expected, storms in progress, storms expected).
PART TWO: THE SITUATION.
PART THREE: FORECAST: valid until 18 UTC today and trends for the next 12 hours (METEOMAR of 00 and 06 UTC).
FORECAST: valid until tomorrow at 06 UTC and trends for the next 12 hours (METEOMAR the 12 and 18 UTC).
PART FOUR: TRENDS wind on the seas surrounding Italy within 48 hours of the end of the third party.
More information about www.meteoam.it